Peanut Chicken Satay With Rice
- Total Time:
- Active Time:
1 packet peanut satay sauce mix (1.75 ounces)
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 pound boneless chicken tenders
8-10 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups instant rice
1. Place oven rack 6 inches from broiler, then preheat oven on broil.
2. Combine peanut sauce mix, coconut milk, and sesame oil in small saucepan. Cook on medium, whisking often until boiling.
3. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange chicken tenders on baking sheet. Place hand flat on chicken and carefully push sharp end of skewer lengthwise through center of each chicken strip (wash hands). Pour half of the peanut sauce mixture over chicken. Set aside 5 minutes to marinate.
4. Meanwhile, combine water and butter in medium saucepan. Cover and bring to boil on high for rice.
5. Broil chicken 4 minutes. Stir rice and salt into boiling water; remove from heat, cover, and let stand 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
6. Turn chicken over and coat with remaining half of peanut sauce; broil 4 more minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Serve chicken satay over rice.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 480kcal; FAT 19g; CHOL 75mg;SODIUM 290mg; CARB 43g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 31g;VIT A 2%; VIT C 2%; CALC 2%; IRON 25%