- Total Time:
- Active Time:
one 10 1/2-ounce can beef broth
2/3 cup hot water
1/2 teaspoon five spices powder
1/2 tablespoon garlic butter
1/4 cup green onion (3-4 green onions)
2 cups brown rice (10 minute variety)
one 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts
1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1. Add broth, hot water, five spices powder and garlic butter to saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil.
2. Wash green onions and discard any wilted parts. Cut into 1/4-inch slices, using up to 1 inch of green tops. Set aside.
3. Add rice to water in pan, stir and return to a boil.
4. When boiling, add drained water chestnuts, sunflower seeds and carrots. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add green onions to rice mixture and stir to blend. Cover, remove from heat and allow to stand for 3 minutes. Serve.