2 medium fresh carrots, coarsely chopped
1 medium fresh yellow onion, coarsely chopped
2 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 lemon, for zest/juice
1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
32 oz unsalted vegetable broth
1 (14.5-oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 cup farro
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt-free roasted garlic/herb seasoning
4 cups baby kale
1 (15.5-oz) can reduced-sodium cannellini beans, drained
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
6 teaspoons reduced-fat feta cheese, divided
- Chop carrots, onions, celery (1 cup each); chop garlic.
- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze for juice (1 tablespoon).
- Preheat large stockpot on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil, carrots, onion, celery, and garlic in pan; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, farro, oregano, and seasoning; bring stew to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover; simmer 20 minutes. Stir in kale and beans; cook 5–7 minutes or until farro and kale are tender. Chop parsley.
- Stir in lemon juice, zest, and parsley. Place stew in serving bowls; top with cheese. Serve.
NOTE: You can add more vegetable broth to thin the stew. The farro will absorb more liquid as the stew stands.