1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
2 ears fresh corn
3 cups organic vegetable stock (or water), divided
1 cup quinoa
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 (15.5-oz) cans Publix GreenWise organic red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15-oz) can Publix GreenWise organic black beans, drained and rinsed
2 (14.5-oz) cans Publix GreenWise organic diced tomatoes
1 (8-oz) can Publix GreenWise organic tomato sauce
1 (1-oz) packet chili seasoning
1 lime, cut into wedges (optional)
- Chop onion, green bell pepper, garlic, and cilantro.
- Cut corn from cob (about 1 1/2 cups).
- Chop onion, green bell pepper, garlic, and cilantro (1/2 cup). Cut corn from cob (about 1 1/2 cups).
- Pour 2 cups stock in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Add quinoa and reduce heat to medium; simmer 12–15 minutes or until water has been absorbed. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat large stockpot on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pot, then add onions, peppers, corn, and garlic; cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Drain and rinse kidney and black beans.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in all beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, remaining 1 cup stock, chili seasoning, and quinoa; simmer 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro and serve with a lime wedge if desired.