Fresh Steamed Brussels Sprouts
- Total Time:
- Active Time:
1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
1/8 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
seasoned salt and pepper, to taste
1. Rinse with water and trim all brown edges from sprouts.
2. Place in microwave-safe dish, preferably with a steamer insert.
3. Pour water over sprouts and cover.
4. Cook in microwave on high for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from microwave oven and toss or stir to rotate sprouts from top to bottom.
6. Return to microwave and cook 3 minutes.
7. Drain water from sprouts. Cut butter into pieces and place on sprouts. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper; stir until butter is melted. Serve. (Makes 4 servings.)