- Total Time:
- Active Time:
1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
Large zip-top bag
2 teaspoons roasted garlic
1 lb steak-topper vegetables (fresh pre-sliced mushrooms, onions, bell peppers)
1/4 cup red wine
1 jar pasta sauce (24-26 oz)
8 oz bowtie pasta
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place flour, seasoned salt, and Italian seasoning in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Add chicken; shake to coat.
2. Remove pan from heat and coat with cooking spray; add garlic and chicken. Coat top of chicken with cooking spray; cover and cook 2 minutes.
3. Turn chicken and add steak-topper vegetables; cover and cook 3 minutes.
4. Stir wine and pasta sauce into chicken and cover; cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until sauce boils and begins to thicken.
5. Cook pasta following package instructions. Drain pasta. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 640kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 130mg; SODIUM 900mg; CARB 70g; FIBER 6g; PROTEIN 49g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 160%; CALC 15%; IRON 35%