Burgundy Chicken With Wild Rice
- Total Time:
- Active Time:
1/4 cup roasted red peppers
1 3/4 cups water
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1 (6-ounce) package 10-minute chicken-flavored wild rice
2 tablespoons flour
large zip-top bag
1 lb boneless chicken cutlets
1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces
1/3 cup pre-diced green onions
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup Burgundy wine
1. Cut peppers into 1/4-inch pieces, then measure (1/4 cup); set aside.
2. Combine water, 1 tablespoon of the butter, rice, and seasoning packet (from rice) in medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil on high. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place flour in zip-top bag; add chicken (wash hands). Seal tightly and shake to coat.
4. Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter in sauté pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken (wash hands); sprinkle with steak seasoning. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
5. Move chicken to one side of pan; add peppers, bacon, onions, and garlic. Arrange chicken on top of mixture; cook 2 minutes or until onions begin to soften. Stir in broth and wine; turn chicken and bring to a boil.
6. Remove rice from heat and let stand 5 or more minutes. Reduce heat on chicken to medium; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce thickens slightly. Fluff rice with fork and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 420kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 95mg;SODIUM 930mg; CARB 38g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 33g;VIT A 20%; VIT C 25%; CALC 4%; IRON 15%