- Total Time:
- Active Time:
1 medium onion
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cloves fresh garlic
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon Montreal® steak seasoning
large zip-top bag
1 1/2 pounds lamb blade steak
1/4 cup Burgundy wine
1 (10 1/2-ounce) can condensed French onion soup
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
2. Wash, peel and slice onion into 1/4-inch strips. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan and swirl to coat.
3. Add onions. Using garlic press, crush cloves into pan. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press. Sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Place flour and steak seasoning in zip-top bag and shake to mix. Add lamb steaks; seal tightly and shake to coat. Wash hands.
5. Remove onions from pan and place on plate. Reduce heat to medium and place 1 tablespoon olive oil in pan and swirl to coat. Using tongs, add lamb (reserve remaining flour) and cook 6 minutes, turning halfway through cook time.
6. Add wine, onion soup, cooked onions and remaining flour. Rotate meat to mix ingredients.
7. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, tilt cover to vent steam and simmer 1 hour, or until tender.