- Total Time:
- Active Time:
2 frozen puff-pastry sheets
1 pound top sirloin steak (4 steaks)
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 tablespoon flour
2 (4-ounce) cans portabella mushrooms
4 teaspoons pâté
1 tablespoon refrigerated egg substitute
1 tablespoon garlic butter
2 tablespoons Marsala wine
1 (1 1/4-ounce) packet hunter sauce mix
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Preheat 2-sided tabletop grill.
2. Place pastry sheets on microwave-safe plate (may be paper) and microwave on high for 15 seconds. Rotate pastry sheets one half-turn and microwave 15 seconds more; set aside.
3. Sprinkle seasoned salt on both sides of steaks.
4. Spray both sides of grill with cooking spray. Using tongs, place steaks on grill and grill 4 minutes. (If using regular grill, double cooking time, turning once.) Note: This results in a medium to medium-rare steak. Cooking time may need to be adjusted for varying thickness of steaks. Because steak will bake in pastry, steak should be cooked slightly less than personal preference.
5. Lightly flour flat surface. Lay pastry sheets on flour; unfold and cut in half.
6. Open and drain 1 can of mushrooms, and pat dry with paper towel. Divide and place mushrooms in center of each pastry.
7. Place grilled steaks on top of mushrooms. Top each with 1 teaspoon pâté. Wrap pastry sheets over steaks and pinch ends together tightly to seal.
8. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Place pastries seam side down on baking sheet.
9. Brush pastries with egg substitute. Bake 20 minutes.
10. Preheat saucepan on medium-high 2-3 minutes.
11. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat. Whisk together remaining mushrooms (undrained), wine and hunter sauce mix.
12. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, whisking occasionally. Serve sauce over beef-filled pastries.