Winning Party Pointers Back to Event Details
As you gear up for a sports-theme celebration, cover all the bases with these party essentials:
Pick a sporty party site
Keep the party at home with activities for everyone
- Round up the team for a day at the stadium. Pretend you're all there to watch the game, but bring a cake and presents to surprise the birthday guy or gal.
- Organize a group eventsuch as a bike ride - and bring everyone back to the house afterward for an all-star lineup of the guest of honor's favorite treats with a dessert party.
- Play a round of golf with your foursome (or plan farther in advance and schedule tee times for a whole group of friends) and then stop at the 19th hole (the clubhouse) for a celebration with a golf-theme cake from your Publix Bakery.
- Check before you go! If your chosen party site won't allow you to bring in food, have the gang over to your place for cake and other treats from your neighborhood Publix.
Feed your crew
- Set up traditional yard games such as croquet, badminton, Frisbee or bocce ball.
- Bowl guests over with silly games where the only rule is to have funfor example, set up a backyard Olympics or see who can hula hoop the longest.
- Wind down with a trivia game that tests how much your fellow enthusiasts really know about sports.
Score a major victory with gifts
- Throw a tailgate party at the stadium or fire up your grill to create the atmosphere in your backyard.
- Serve up the kinds of foods you'd find at a ballpark. Finger foods are the easiest to handle.
- For the grand finale, purchase a custom sports cake from your Publix Bakery.
- Look for items that bear the guest of honor's favorite team logo.
- Huddle with other guests and chip in for one large gift such as tickets to a game or a gym membership.