Score with Decor Back to Event Details
Hit a home run by outfitting your party site with sports-theme decorations. If you're having the party at home, you can create the aura of a baseball field, racetrack or whatever else you desire. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Make invitations that resemble tickets. Write each guest's name at the end of the ticket and ask everyone to bring their "ticket stubs" to the party. Place the stubs into a hat and draw a name at the end of the party for a sports-theme prize.
- Send invitations that resemble sports trading cards, complete with a picture of the birthday guy or gal and vital party statistics.
- Give the party some kick with a color scheme based on the guest of honor's favorite team or sport. For example, go with white and red laces for baseball, or black-and-white checks for NASCAR® racing.
- Prop the party with inexpensive sports equipment.
- Mark the celebrant's age with signs that resemble scoreboards. Simply attach large white numerals to black poster board or another black surface.
- Serve popcorn in genuine red-and-white-stripe boxes or bags—like those sold at stadiums—for an authentic pregame snack. You can find these bags online by searching for "popcorn boxes."
- Write each guest's name with permanent marker on a baseball, tennis ball or other small ball. Set the ball on a candleholder or other sturdy object to make place cards.