Retiring in Style Back to Event Details
Celebrate the retiree's years of hard work with fun decorations that speak to accomplishments in and out of the workplace. These tips can help guide your decor selections:
- Assign a different theme to each table or throughout the room based on the interests, hobbies and past accomplishments of the retiree. Include a "table of the future" for a fun twist.
- Insert photos of the retiree with coworkers and friends through the years into inexpensive plastic frames.
- Purchase or make your own "retirement advice cards" and set one at each table setting with a pen so guests can write memories or provide words of wisdom for the retiree to enjoy after the party.
- Place an autograph photo mat with a metallic pen in the entryway so guests can sign their names and offer best wishes. The retiree can use this to frame a favorite group photo after the party.
- Recognize the retiree's volunteer work or club memberships by making a themed collage. Embellish the collage with photos of the retiree and friends along with handwritten notes from group members and others they've helped through volunteering.
- Print business cards with the guest of honor's updated contact information to include with party favors.