Pre-Wedding Snacks Back to Event Details
From making certain that dresses and tuxes fit perfectly to decorating the nuptial and reception site, important last-minute details fill the day of the wedding. Food may be the last thing on your mind. Remembering to eat before the wedding ensures that the bridal party stays energized. Make proper nutrition one of your wedding-day priorities with these tips:
- The adage "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" holds especially true on your wedding day. If your budget allows—and the timing is logical—provide the entire wedding party with a healthy breakfast to jump-start the day.
- If you're having a late-afternoon or evening ceremony, make sure the wedding party eats several small meals throughout the day. To take the guesswork out of food prep, order platters of food from your neighborhood Publix Deli that provide a mix of carbohydrates and protein. Select from a variety of easy-snack options, including vegetable, cheese, fruit and meat platters.
- Have food and water on hand at all times so members of the bridal party can snack between getting hair and nails done, doing makeup and taking photos.
- Drink water throughout the day.
- Steer clear of fried foods and snacks that have a high salt or sugar content.
- Select snacks that won't stain skin or clothing.
- Make food safety a top priority. For example, keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold at all times, and avoid cross-contamination.