Party with Pizzazz Back to Event Details
From traveling and gardening to motorcycling and celeb-watching, your friends’ hobbies can be as different as their personalities. What’s the secret to throwing a successful hobby-inspired bash every time? Pick a theme and carry it through in the decor and party favors. Get inspired with these hobby-theme party ideas:
For the Globetrotter
For the Green Thumb
- An assortment of world flags and exotic photos enhances a travel-theme party.
- Prep travel enthusiasts for their next flight with a travel pack that meets the Federal Aviation Authority’s rules for carrying liquids on airplanes.
For the Scrapbooker
- Fill clear, shallow bowls with water and float single flower blossoms.
- Gather friends for an elegant afternoon tea party in a garden. Serve beverages and bite-size savories from your neighborhood Publix.
- Send home small potted plants.
For the Celeb-Crazed Friend
- Host a scrapbook “crop” party where each guest designs a special page featuring the guest of honor. At the end of the party, compile the pages into a book as a gift from everyone.
- Place fabric remnants, ribbon snippets, paper scraps and loose embellishments on tables along with the tools necessary to make the pages.
For the Food and Wine Lover
- If you and your friends enjoy dressing up now and then, give everyone an excuse to show off their favorite evening dresses and formal wear with a “Night at the Oscars” party.
- Roll out the red carpet and hire a photographer to snap pictures as guests make their grand entrance.
- Play movie or TV trivia games, vote on movie favorites and award prizes.
For the Car or Motorcycling Enthusiast
- Whip up a tasty meal from new recipes in your kitchen with food-loving friends. Enjoy the meal together at the end of the party.
- Stock guests' kitchens with measuring spoons, your favorite recipe or a collection of Aprons Simple Meals Recipe Cards as party favors.
- If you're a wine connoisseur (and even if you aren't), check out our tips for hosting a wine-tasting party.
- Rev guests’ engines with bandannas in colorful prints and designs as party favors.
- Play tunes like “Born to Be Wild” and decorate the tables with miniature motorcycles or cars.