Never Too Old for Fun Decor Back to Event Details
A birthday celebration isn’t complete without decorations. From balloons to floral centerpieces, the right decor establishes your party’s signature style and helps set a festive mood. Have fun decorating with these simple ideas, which prove that a little creativity goes a long way:
- If you’re hosting the event at your house, decorate the exterior of your home to greet guests as they arrive. A colorful banner announces the party.
- Choose interior decor that matches your party’s theme. For example, if you’re hosting a 1950s party, adorn your walls with vintage records and posters of Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe and other celebrities.
- For a casual bash, use disposable paper goods that match your party’s theme—they look good and make cleanup easy. Or, to create a lasting souvenir for the guest of honor, use a tablecloth made of white fabric and ask guests to write birthday wishes with colorful permanent fabric pens.
- Display pictures that chronicle the guest of honor’s life. And set disposable cameras on tables so your guests can document the festivities.
- Use bright, splashy colors in unexpected ways to instantly enliven your birthday setting—fill a vase with colorful floral marbles or bite-size candies, for example. String paper lanterns or party lights in eye-catching hues.
- Embellish tables with striking centerpieces made from fresh fruits and flowers. For instance, make a dramatic statement with pears scattered among the blossoms of a white-rose tree. Or tuck rosebuds into a bowl of red apples.