Making Mother's Day a Family Day Back to Event Details
Motherhood means family, and the best way to celebrate Mom this Mother's Day is to gather for a multigenerational celebration. Map out a plan that pulls together the group. Check out these ideas to get your family brainstorm started:
- Give flowers that last. Start celebrating a day early at the Publix Floral department, where you can choose some annuals to celebrate the season and some perennials to commemorate the day for years to come. Plant everything together or plant a young tree that grows as the kids grow.
- Rediscover a treasured place. If you live near Mom's childhood home, spend an hour or two on a walk through her old neighborhood. Ask her to tell stories about trees she climbed or hideaways she discovered. Kids love imagining her adventures or hearing Grandma or Grandpa's side of the story.
- Celebrate Mom on stage. If you love live theater, a play is the way to go. Let kids pull out dress-up clothes or old costumes and plan a skit.
- Take the family for a spin. Hit the trail on bicycles or skates for exercise and fun. Pick an enticing final activity such as a dessert party to help propel tired legs up the hills.
- Host a sporting event. It's easy when the stadium is your backyard. Invite Mom to join the family in a game of softball or volleyball or a relay.