Extraordinary Over the Hill Party Tips Back to Event Details
Whether you choose to throw a traditional over-the-hill party or take a kinder approach, these tips ensure a fun-filled occasion:
Planning the Party
- Create invitations with the guest of honor’s baby picture on the front. Or design invitations that echo birth certificates.
- Consider throwing a travel-based party. For example, for a Vegas-theme celebration, transform standard card tables into game tables with tablecloths and have supplies on hand for guests to play blackjack or poker.
- Check out other adult birthday party tips for throwing a successful bash.
- Host a rejuvenating midlife crisis prevention party. For example, bring in a fortune teller to predict the positive adventures the future holds and invite a specialist from the local spa to pamper everyone with massages and facials.
Getting the Party Started
- Add an element of surprise by inviting special unexpected guests—significant friends or family the guest of honor hasn't seen in years.
- Keep a bound notebook in a room away from the party and ask guests to sneak away one-by-one for a few minutes to write down their favorite memories of the honoree as a surprise memento.
- Create a slide show or video that chronicles the guest of honor's life from birth to present-day. Ask guests to share their favorite memories of the birthday person during the video.
- Test everyone's knowledge of the guest of honor: Compose a list of questions such as "What year did Carolyn graduate from college?" or "What was the name of Bill's first dog?" and see who gets the most correct.
- Play a trivia game based on the decade of the guest of honor's birth or the decade in which they attended high school.