Determining the Details Back to Event Details
Hobbies may come in many forms, but they all have one thing in common: They're more fun when shared with friends. Follow these suggestions for celebrating your guest of honor—and their favorite pastime.
- Keep the guest of honor's clubs, volunteer work and even career in mind when selecting your party theme—many people consider these hobbies.
- Ask someone who shares the guest of honor's interests to participate in the festivities. For example, if the interest is music, have a local musician perform. If it's cooking, ask a local chef to give a cooking lesson. Or check the Publix Aprons Cooking School Calendar for private or scheduled classes.
- Sign up for a group lesson or hobby-specific class. Be sure to check into group rates. Who knows? You may even inspire other guests to take up the hobby.
- For a celebration for a sports fan, organize a golf outing or check out these sports party ideas.
- Suggest that guests bring gifts related to the hobby: supplies, gift cards, tickets to events or classes. For a more personal touch, offer to babysit the kids for an afternoon and cook dinner so the birthday guy or gal can indulge guilt-free.
- Sprinkle fun, hobby-related accents around the room to give the event a cohesive look and instantly set the mood. Framed photos of the guest of honor in action—from childhood to the present day—add a personal touch.
- Keep the good tunes rolling and throw in a few hobby-specific songs if you can find them. Create a playlist of the honoree's favorites mixed with other party music to help set the tone of the event.
- When the festivities wrap up, bring everyone back to your kitchen for tantalizing birthday treats or a dessert party.