Baby Shower Fun and Games Back to Event Details
No baby shower is complete without games that induce laughter and provide the mother-to-be with the essentials she needs to care for her bundle of joy. Create your own activities or try these baby-inspired ideas:
- Write notes and draw small pictures on the outside of cloth diapers with colored permanent markers. The parents will enjoy looking at these as they change their new baby. (The cloth diapers also make good burp cloths.)
- Make a list with celebrities’ names in one column and their babies’ names in another. See which guest accurately matches them up the fastest.
- Compile a list of animals and see who can most quickly guess the correct name for the corresponding baby. (For example, a baby kangaroo is called a joey, while a baby seal is called a pup.)
- Supply several rolls of toilet paper and let guests unravel the amount they believe it takes to completely wrap around the expectant mother’s belly. (Be sure to ask the guest-of-honor in advance if she is OK with this!)
- Encourage guests to bring their own baby photos. Display them on a table and take turns guessing who each baby is.
- Create quilt squares that can be professionally assembled after the party. Or have guests autograph a ready-made blanket.
- Take lines from a variety of famous baby songs and have guests guess which songs they’re from.
- Play baby bingo. Hand out blank bingo cards at the beginning of the party and have guests fill in each square with the types of gifts they think the mother-to-be will receive. As the mother opens each gift, have guests cross off each correct guess until someone calls out “Bingo!”
- Peel the labels off baby food jars, but keep a numbered list of flavors. Guests eye the unopened jars of food to see if they can guess the correct flavors. Bonus: The mom-to-be gets to keep the food.
- Have guests secure clothespins to their shirts. See how long everyone can go without saying “baby.” If you catch someone saying it, you get that player’s pin. The guest with the most pins wins a prize.