Rewarding our associates.
Publix recognizes that our associates are the key to delivering the premier customer service that distinguishes our company from the competition. That's why we take pride in rewarding our associates for their dedication. Below are benefits offered to Publix associates.
Core Benefits For All Eligible Associates
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost to them
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- Annual holiday cash bonus
- All hourly associates are paid weekly
- Quarterly retail bonus for store associates
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Free flu shots
- Direct deposit in up to three separate checking or savings accounts
- Credit union
- Tuition reimbursement
- Service awards
- Employee assistance program
- Tremendous opportunities for advancement
- Opportunity to participate annually in a survey to let management know your opinion on a wide range of workplace quality issues
Additional Benefits for Eligible Full-Time Associates
- Vacation pay
- 6 paid holidays
- Sick pay
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death and dismemberment benefits)
- Bereavement pay
- Jury duty pay
- Long-term disability plan
- Holiday exchange (select another day off when you work a holiday)
Other Financial Assistance
- Tuition reimbursement and tuition assistance for interns from certified culinary schools
- Job class training provides every new store associate with structured on-the-job training facilitated by a designated expert within the associate's department, as well as a reference library for on-going support.
- Formal mentoring programs are available for new retail managers and new support staff associates. These programs emphasize the importance of continuous learning and allow us to pass on our Publix culture to those new to our company or new to management.
- On-going development occurs throughout the year as associates receive targeted training related to new initiatives Publix implements that update the way an associate performs the job.
- Leadership development programs provide the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully fulfill the role of managing and leading others. Examples of topics included in our leadership programs include mastering effective communication, exploring leadership styles, handling conflict resolution, and coaching others to success.
- Technical and operational training programs are provided to ensure our managers are proficient in managing the technical and business aspects of their departments. Examples of some of the technical training programs we provide include Food Safety, Store Accounting: Gross and Net Profit, and First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens.
- All associates have access to a library of books, videos, and CDs that support personal development and growth. These materials support areas such as building effective relationships, focusing on self-improvement, driving results and increasing productivity, making decisions, planning strategy, promoting change, and managing talent.
More courses are under development.
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) for Corporate, Manufacturing, and Distribution associates who work at facilities that have a cafeteria
- Discounts on goods and services, including computers and electronics, wireless phones, security systems, vehicles, roadside assistance, hotels, cruises, movies, theme parks, jewelry, athletic shoes, books, home loans, tax preparation, and identity theft protection
- Business casual attire at most non-store locations
- Free parking