Our Screening Process
Everyone has a chance
Publix is dedicated to ensuring that all associates have an equal opportunity for advancement. That's why we have a clear-cut selection process to fill our management positions and our 16 Positions Leading to Management (PLMs).
Any associate interested in advancement may seek promotion into PLMs or into management positions. More than 60,000 associates each year do so.· The registration process for PLMs is continuous throughout the year.· The registration process for management positions is held at least twice each year.
- The registration process for PLMs is continuous throughout the year.
- The registration process for management positions is held at least twice each year.
Once associates register their interest, Human Resources checks to see if they meet the minimum qualifications for the positions they are seeking. Minimum qualifications are published for every management position and every PLM. The minimum qualifications include these factors:
- Any age requirement
- Any requirement for previous work experience
- Any requirement for a driver's license
- Any testing requirement for a management position
Regional and district managers use the list of qualified associates to determine who will fill PLM and management vacancies across the company. Scores on a battery of formal assessments are an important factor in filling the management positions.