Oops! Who spilled the coffee beans? The Warehouse Person keeps Publix's warehouses neat, organized and ready for shipping products to Publix stores.
The Warehouse Person operates powered industrial equipment to load trailers and move pallets or merchandise to designated areas. The Warehouse Person also cleans the warehouse, offices, restrooms, outside areas and trailers. The Warehouse Person keeps these work areas clean by dumping trash and picking up damaged or spilled product and sweeping and mopping the floors.
Qualifications we look for
- At least 18 years old
- Able to use cleaning chemicals and powered industrial equipment that require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- Able to obtain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations
- Able to lift and carry product weighing 40 to 85 pounds (weights vary among warehouses)
- Able to sit, stand and do repetitive work for long periods of time
- Successfully complete a Work Attitude Survey
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Distribution within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).