Although they may offer a friendly hello at Publix guard gates, don't think that Security Officers aren't providing protection for Publix support facilities while controlling personnel and vehicle access to products, buildings and equipment.
Security Officers enforce all Publix security policies and procedures. They also maintain strict control of property access by completing visitor logs and creating incident reports. If groups or individuals on Publix property are unknown or seem suspicious, it’s the Security Officer’s job to investigate and report their activities. Security Officers also work with facility management in matters of security and loss control.
Qualifications we look for
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a Class “D” Security Officer’s License or be able to complete the requirements for the Class “D” Security Officer’s License within 30 days
- Ability to withstand walking and standing for long periods of time
- Ability to work any shift, including but not limited to days, nights, late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to perform mathematical computations
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Ability to use a two-way radio
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Loss Prevention/Safety within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).