Sanitation Operators ensure that the production equipment at Publix manufacturing facilities, such as the Deli Kitchen, is clean and ready for use.
Sanitation Operators assemble and disassemble the production equipment and ensure that all cleaning chemicals for the equipment are used and dispensed safely. When cleaning the production equipment, such as injector systems and flume systems, Sanitation Operators ensure that USDA regulatory and Publix standards are being maintained. They ensure that no damage is done to electrical wiring and control panels during the cleaning process. Other responsibilities include:
- operating the floor scrubbers and
- cleaning environmental locations beyond the production equipment.
Qualifications we look for
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have general knowledge of machine operation
- Ability to use industrial strength chemicals
- Ability to understand and demonstrate all Lock Out/Tag Out procedures
- Ability to push or pull heavy equipment
- Ability to demonstrate excellent work habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Ability to demonstrate safe working habits
- Ability to work in a wet and slippery environment with temperatures ranging from 40 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit
- Ability to use creative thinking for troubleshooting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work any shift, nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours
- Ability to assist other team members in other areas
- Ability to perform steady and productive work for an extended period of time
- Ability to work efficiently with little or no supervision
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work well with others and be a team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
How To Apply
For Manufacturing positions, other than entry level, please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Manufacturing within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
For entry level Manufacturing positions, please refer to the employment agency, Adecco. Go to http://www.adeccousa.com/Pages/Welcome.aspx
and click "Apply Now" in the top right hand corner to load your resume. You may indicate that you would prefer to be assigned to Industrial and Manufacturing type positions with Publix Super Markets, Inc. After working at least 90 days as a temporary associate you may be eligible to apply for a full time position, if available.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).