Our Retention Team associates are essential in making sure each Publix associate receives their pay.
Each week, Retention Team associates receive payroll-related information from each Publix store. It's their job to sort the incoming documents by store number and division, then distribute the contents to the appropriate payroll associate for processing. Some examples of items received from the stores include audit trails, documentation concerning minors, and unclaimed checks. Retention Team associates also distribute pay checks to Publix stores, making sure the containers are secure and mailed to the correct locations. Other responsibilities of the Retention Team associates include sorting and distributing incoming payroll mail and assisting with phone calls. These associates assist with sorting and receiving all garnishment/child support mail and distributing annual W2s. Subjects that the associates address over the phone include:
- explaining Publix time and paid time off policies and
- assessing absences, time, and attendance.
Qualifications we look for
- Experience working for Publix or in an office environment
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to deal with highly confidential situations and documents
- Ability to be detail oriented
- Ability to file documents accurately
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Finance within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).