Our Refrigeration Technicians service ammonia refrigeration systems in our refrigerated warehouses and manufacturing facilities to maintain a climate-controlled environment and keep foods and beverages fresh.
Refrigeration Technicians perform systematic preventive maintenance that incorporates industry best practices. They also troubleshoot and repair all mechanical and HVAC electrical equipment. Without our Refrigeration Technicians, Manufacturing couldn't produce the volume and quality of products needed to serve our customers. Periodically, we have openings for Refrigeration Technicians in our Lakeland, FL and Lawrenceville and Atlanta, GA locations. Starting pay rates depend on a technician's knowledge and experience. Future pay increases are based on performance.
Qualifications we look for
The required qualifications differ depending on the specific equipment in each facility. They also differ depending on the level of responsibility for a particular position. We prefer to hire individuals who have work experience in a highly-automated manufacturing plant.
In general, however, most of our Refrigeration Technicians must be:
- experienced with 480VAC 3 phase motor control systems
- experienced in ammonia refrigeration maintenance and trouble-shooting electrical and PLC control systems
- practiced in safe work habits
- a team player with obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
- self-starters dedicated to continuous quality improvement
- proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- able to safely replace mechanical and electrical components including motors, motor starters, switches, solenoids, pumps, refrigeration valves and compressors
- able to respond to unplanned breakdowns with a sense of urgency and
- able to demonstrate proficiency in troubleshooting techniques.
How To Apply
For Industrial Maintenance positions, please go to publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO"
to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Industrial Maintenance, Manufacturing,
or Distribution within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience
seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly
for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504)
or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).