As water is to fish, so is refrigeration to grocery stores! Our Refrigeration Coordinators manage projects to equip Publix and keep the groceries fresh.
Refrigeration Coordinators organize refrigeration installations for new and remodeled stores. They attend job site meetings to verify that the project is on schedule and perform inspections to ensure the installation complies with Publix specifications. Additionally, Refrigeration Coordinators assist electricians in energy management installation and plumbers in proper placement of case drain locations. Refrigeration Coordinators also support general contractors by working with the construction supervisor to ensure mechanical, electrical and plumbing coordinators have a clear understanding of the timeline of each project. Refrigeration Coordinators also evaluate service contractors to determine whether they are meeting the defined expectations of the service agreement. This includes performing contract compliance evaluations by inspecting equipment and, if necessary, creating a punch-list of issues showing where a contractor is out of compliance.
Other responsibilities Refrigeration Coordinators manage include:
- executing the Energy Management System (EMS) in Publix stores
- refurbishing refrigerated cases in stores going through a remodel and
- coordinating Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) evaluations and the refrigeration system replacement program.
Qualifications we look for
- Associates Degree or degree from an accredited technical school
- Experience in supermarket refrigeration systems
- Experience with energy management systems, controllers, and rack controllers
- EPA Type I and II certification
- Knowledge of refrigeration, HVAC, and energy management technologies
- Knowledge of supplier management principles
- Knowledge of various computer programs including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of construction, electrical and plumbing trades
- Knowledge of a retail environment
- Ability to train associates and contractors
- Ability to read blueprints, shop drawings and understand specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Knowledge of project and time management
- Willingness to travel, work nights, weekends, holidays and stay overnight for extended periods of time
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Facilities within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).