Quality Control Manager - Printing Services
The Quality Control Manager works to ensure Publix's Printing Services consistently delivers quality print products to its customers—signage, store advertisements, corporate documents, training materials, and much more!
Our Quality Control (QC) Manager is responsible for establishing and managing quality plans and procedures. This includes developing standard operating procedures for specific work processes in Printing Services and providing an audit system to ensure associates are in compliance with operating procedures. Furthermore, the QC Manager develops tools and techniques to eliminate problems including overproduction, delays, non-value-added processing, excess inventory, defects, and underutilized associates. The QC Manager also works to deliver quality checks required at various stages of production such as color approvals, correct pagination for impositions and signatures, and proper trimming and folds.
The QC Manager establishes various orientations, quality audits and training curricula, such as the introduction and education of newly hired associates to the graphic arts quality processes performed within the Print Shop. He or she also selects and trains a Quality Leader Team, which is a group of associates who work to promote a culture of learning, quality, and continuous improvement. The QC Manager's goal is to develop Publix Printing Services associates who consistently produce quality products and services.
Furthermore, the Quality Control Manager is responsible for:
- managing and/or participating on project teams to provide quality control expertise to projects and initiatives
- establishing quality testing, audits, material evaluations, and defects analysis to ensure that only quality materials are used in the production of print shop products and
- leading the development of shrink reduction programs.
Qualifications we look for
- Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in a graphic arts related field
- Experience in a printing production environment using a graphic arts management information system
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification
- Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence certification (CMQ/OE)
- Knowledge of graphic arts including art creation, graphic arts design, prepress, ink, and substrate specifications
- Knowledge of the following distinct printing processes: flexography, offset/lithography, xerography, digital, letterpress, screen, binding, and finishing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Monarch MIS (a graphic arts MIS system), PowerDocs (job history archival), Media Bank, and Visio Professional
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work a variable schedule (nights, weekends) whenever required to help facilitate the production quality of major projects
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
How To Apply
For Manufacturing positions, other than entry level, please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Manufacturing within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
For entry level Manufacturing positions, please refer to the employment agency, Adecco. Go to http://www.adeccousa.com/Pages/Welcome.aspx
and click "Apply Now" in the top right hand corner to load your resume. You may indicate that you would prefer to be assigned to Industrial and Manufacturing type positions with Publix Super Markets, Inc. After working at least 90 days as a temporary associate you may be eligible to apply for a full time position, if available.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).