Our Purchasing Analysts ensure that Publix food manufacturing plants have an uninterrupted supply of products, goods, and services in order to meet daily production goals.
Purchasing Analysts seek to understand our manufacturing plants' requirements and identify the best suppliers for those needs. They also strive to negotiate the best agreements possible by determining suppliers' leverage points and understanding the fundamental industry of the supplier. Furthermore, Analysts study market conditions and the competitive environment to identify key cost drivers and develop a strategy for negotiation. Purchasing Analysts also manage the supplier base by conducting Business Reviews. During this process, Analysts review information about the suppliers' service levels, quality of products or services, and competitive pricing levels. The suppliers provide pertinent information relative to the industry and both Publix and the supplier develop a plan to reduce costs, improve quality, and improve service.
Additional responsibilities of the Purchasing Analysts include:
- tracking market conditions and contracting raw ingredients and supplies, and
- serving as a project manager to drive total operational improvements.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field
- Experience using strong analytical and statistical skills with a solid understanding of purchasing, manufacturing processes, and business practices
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) certification
- Knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft Office, PIMS, Marwood, Internet, and SAP
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Strong statistical and math skills
- Project and contract management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good management and leadership skills
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
How To Apply
For Manufacturing positions, other than entry level, please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Manufacturing within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
For entry level Manufacturing positions, please refer to the employment agency, Adecco. Go to http://www.adeccousa.com/Pages/Welcome.aspx
and click "Apply Now" in the top right hand corner to load your resume. You may indicate that you would prefer to be assigned to Industrial and Manufacturing type positions with Publix Super Markets, Inc. After working at least 90 days as a temporary associate you may be eligible to apply for a full time position, if available.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).