The Benefits Department Project Manager provides leadership and technical expertise for Retirement, Group Benefits and Stockholder Services on matters such as administering the annual enrollment process and creating the benefits statements, as well as, guiding strategic and benefits-critical system implementations.
The Project Manager provides leadership and comprehensive direction to meet various project teams' defined objectives. This includes developing project timelines, coordinating assigned tasks, evaluating the status of the project and following up with team members. To keep initiatives moving, he or she also reviews completed tasks, objectives and project milestones and delegates responsibilities among team members or assumes personal responsibility to ensure timeline completion. Additionally, this Manager provides periodic status updates of key decisions and outstanding and pending tasks to the project stakeholders.
Another important aspect of this Manager's job is to draft RFPs (requests for proposal), understand contractual requirements and provide recommendations and supporting information to senior level management The Project Manager also ensures that Publix's benefit plans are administered in accordance with the plan and trust documents and the regulations of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Department of Labor (DOL) and any other applicable regulatory authority.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor's degree or certification in a field applicable to the primary responsibilities of this position [i.e., Health Care Administration, Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification]
- Experience working directly with a benefits consulting firm or with plan administration and design for a private company similar in size to Publix
- Good computer skills using Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Access)
- Ability to motivate people to work toward project's objectives
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively lead teams and provide recommendations to upper level management
- Good cultural skills to deal with diversity among associates participating on teams
- Ability to identify initiatives and required efforts to improve benefits and stockholder services processes
- Ability to analyze the results of work study and to assess current processes and procedures
- Good technical skills to provide relevant and proper technical expertise to teams
- Ability to think creatively in helping to set department and company-wide strategies
- Organizational and time management skills to successfully manage strategic and benefits-critical projects
- Ability to work well with others and to be an effective team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Benefits Administration within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).