Production Assistant Department Manager
Achieving production goals and ensuring associate and food safety are the top priorities of Publix's Production Assistant Department Managers.
Production Assistant Department Managers plan and carry out Publix's manufacturing plant food production operations. They also coordinate across all production operations to ensure that daily business and production needs are being met. These Department Managers also monitor product quality, including proper labeling. Furthermore, the Department Managers ensure food safety standards and personal safety rules and regulations are followed. Another important responsibility of the Production Assistant Department Managers is supervising and developing production associates. The Department Managers educate and train these associates to improve communication, technical skills, and working relationships. Additionally, Production Assistant Department Managers participate in regulatory and in-house plant audits, such as annual third-party audits.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in a Processing, Engineering, or Food Manufacturing field
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Publix policies and guidelines (e.g., compensation and benefits, EEO laws and related policies and regulations, worker's compensation, union activities and regulations, attendance, performance, and behavior)
- Knowledge of best industry practices and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Experience with mentoring
- Experience in developing a diverse workforce
- Training in Lean, Six Sigma, and 5S
- Knowledge of OSHA and Publix safety guidelines
- Willingness and desire to learn new operations and be assigned to new locations which may or may not involve relocating your residence
- Ability to review and interpret operational performance, including financials, KPIs, goals, and improvements
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel overnight or on extended trips which may or may not include traveling by air
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good management and leadership skills
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
How To Apply
For Manufacturing positions, other than entry level, please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Manufacturing within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
For entry level Manufacturing positions, please refer to the employment agency, Adecco. Go to http://www.adeccousa.com/Pages/Welcome.aspx
and click "Apply Now" in the top right hand corner to load your resume. You may indicate that you would prefer to be assigned to Industrial and Manufacturing type positions with Publix Super Markets, Inc. After working at least 90 days as a temporary associate you may be eligible to apply for a full time position, if available.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).