Payroll Technical Specialist
One of Publix's core benefits for eligible associates is that hourly associates receive weekly pay. Our Payroll Department's Technical Specialists are key in ensuring these payments are issued accurately and on time.
Payroll Technical Specialists are responsible for processing the weekly payroll in SAP while also verifying incoming pay information from other business units using SAP. Examples of this incoming information includes Standards Indexed Pay (SIP) for the Selector position in Publix's Distribution Centers, tuition reimbursements and Corporate Travel reimbursements. The Technical Specialists also issue out-of-sequence payments such as various types of awards and holiday bonuses. Another important aspect of the Technical Specialist responsibilities includes ensuring the accurate allocation of funds towards items such as federal withholding tax, all applicable state and local taxes, 401(k) distributions, and garnishments. If a payment is miscalculated, the Technical Specialist provides technical support to resolve the problem by examining system logic, file transmissions, and the functionality of various systems.
Other responsibilities of the Technical Specialist include:
- performing analytical troubleshooting for payroll opportunities
- ensuring all general ledger accounts associated with payroll remain balanced
- assessing and monitoring payroll processing performance
- processing and auditing out-of-sequence checks within process requirements
- testing the payroll system (SAP) to ensure that changes and enhancements are working adequately with all payroll processes and
- running a variety of reports in SAP to help validate and analyze data.
Qualifications we look for
- Associate's Degree in an analytical field
- Experience working in a large company's payroll department including exposure to large amounts of data and the opportunity to work through complex problems OR experience working in Publix's Payroll or Corporate Accounting Department
- Computer skills including SAP (or similar software) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access)
- Thorough knowledge of payroll principles and practices
- Knowledge of pay-related policies and paid time off
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Ability to exhibit leadership skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to handle a highly stressful work environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize a high volume of work accurately and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask on a continual basis
- Willingness to work a variable schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Finance within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).