Loss Prevention and Safety Specialist
Loss Prevention and Safety Specialists are well experienced at combating retail theft and shrink. To protect Publix's assets, they use the latest technologies and strategies and work to stay at least one step ahead of criminal activity.
Publix's Loss Prevention and Safety Specialists keep managers informed of trends in criminal activity, assess conditions where potential exists for unnecessary shrink and unsafe behaviors and offer recommendations to prevent losses from occurring. The Specialists determine store-level risks and appropriate security strategies, such as closed circuit television systems (CCTV). They also enlist undercover security officers who look for shoplifters and uniformed officers who provide security. As needed, the Loss Prevention Specialists conduct investigations into associate thefts, bank discrepancies, external crimes and inventory shrink.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, or business related field
- Experience in managing people
- Loss Prevention Qualified or and/or Loss Prevention Certified designation
- Wicklander –Zulawski Interview and Interrogation Certification
- Experience in retail loss prevention, including conducting investigative interviews
- Experience in successfully leading projects to implementation
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an excellent driving record
- Knowledge of loss prevention, security and risk management concepts
- Knowledge of retail processes such as cash handling, receiving, register transactions, office reconciliation, inventory control and related paperwork
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system, including police operations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Access
- Knowledge of Publix policies and procedures
- Ability to be flexible in dealing simultaneously with a variety of situations and assignments
- Ability and willingness to travel, including overnight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with associates at various levels within the organization
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of maturity, discretion, tact, judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Loss Prevention/Safety within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).