Loss Prevention Specialist - Organized Retail Crime (ORC)
Organized Retail Crime is a growing problem in today's culture, but Publix's Loss Prevention Specialists work to monitor and prevent it and ultimately protect Publix's assets.
Publix's Loss Prevention Specialists for Organized Retail Crime (ORC) monitor and respond to theft incidents affiliated with ORC. They provide an investigative response to related external theft incidents. These Loss Prevention Specialists maintain cooperative relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement, prosecutors, and other investigative entities. The Specialists also investigate reports of known or suspected cargo theft or internal non-retail criminal acts that could possibly impact a Publix facility. Additionally, the Specialists handle administrative duties to assist the loss prevention process and communicate with the Retail Loss Prevention management team.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice or related business field
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interview and Interrogation Certification
- Experience in retail loss prevention
- Experience as a law enforcement investigator or specialized comparable experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an excellent driving record
- High level of maturity, discretion, tact, judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- In-depth knowledge of the techniques and limitations of stationary, mobile and electronic surveillance
- Knowledge of loss prevention, investigative and ORC processes, criminal justice system, loss prevention, security and risk management concepts
- Knowledge of Publix policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the receiving process, such as Direct Store Delivery (DSD) and Warehouse, truck delivery/discrepancy process and vendor responsibilities
- Knowledge of general physical inventory process, calculation and control, particularly as it relates to shrinkage
- Technical knowledge of loss prevention programs and strategies to identify problems and solutions to gain the confidence of others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other electronic reporting systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Loss Prevention/Safety within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).