Loss Prevention and Safety Auditor
Loss of assets occur not only by theft, but also through a variety of types of shrink and safety issues. Whether by accidentally damaged goods, administrative errors, or mishandled cash exchanges, Loss Prevention and Safety Auditors perform shrink compliance assessments to help identify and prevent conditions which allow shrink.
Loss Prevention and Safety Auditors make sure Publix’s procedures for handling cash, receiving deliveries from vendors, and working processes comply with loss prevention and safety countermeasures to protect Publix’s assets. Another important aspect of their job is to verify compliance with several key Sarbanes Oxley related processes to protect against fraud. They also work with retail operations to develop corresponding corrective action plans in accordance with the Shrink and Safety Audit program and provide shrink reduction advice to store managers and associates.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelors Degree in Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, or business related field
- Experience in a retail position involving the responsibility for a business unit, such as the deli or grocery department,
- Experience in Loss Prevention
- Experience with the management of people, including direct reports
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Loss Prevention Qualified and/or Loss Prevention Certified credentials
- Ability and willingness to work variable, sometimes unpredictable, and often long hours under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of loss prevention, security and risk management concepts
- Knowledge of retail processes such as cash handling, receiving, register transactions, office reconciliation, inventory control and related paperwork
- Ability to be flexible in dealing with a variety of situations and assignments simultaneously
- Ability and willingness to travel, including overnight
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an excellent driving record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with associates at various levels within the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a self-directed work environment as well as be able to receive direction from multiple sources
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- High level of maturity, discretion, tact, judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well with others and to be an effective team member
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Loss Prevention/Safety within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).