It was Colonel Mustard, with the candlestick, in the billiard room! Kind of like solving a mystery game, Loss Prevention Analysts examine a wide range of data to essentially follow clues and identify various kinds of theft crimes against Publix. They identify trends on sales, money services transactions, shrink, gross profit, inventory, point of sale transactions and pharmacy drug movement in order to thwart theft.
Loss Prevention Analysts are integral to the Loss Prevention operation. The data they aggregate, analyze and distribute provides crucial information to help counteract theft, shrink, fraud, safety concerns and other various forms of loss for Publix. They also design and maintain systems which make sure the Loss Prevention data - such as those incidents, investigations and countermeasures - is correct and readily accessible. Loss Prevention Analysts monitor countermeasures such as Shrink Management efforts, Shrink and Safety Awareness efforts, Uniformed Security expense, and Retail Loss Prevention Officer activity to measure the effectiveness of each one. Analysts are also responsible for designing, running and distributing scheduled and ad-hoc reports.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field or equivalent knowledge
- Experience in retail operations
- Experience with and commitment to Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
- In-depth understanding of a Point of Sale (POS) system
- Proficiency in advanced elements of Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Possess good business judgment and analytical skills
- Understanding of store cashier principles, operating policy and cash accounting principles
- Ability to become proficient in various software packages such as MSI Desktop, ProClarity, WINcollect, HOST, CARS, SAP-B/W, SVS and OSI
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be flexible in dealing with a variety of situations and assignments
- Ability to function in a self-directed work environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with varying priorities
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Possess high level of maturity, discretion, tact, judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Loss Prevention/Safety within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).