To provide a continuous supply of products to Publix customers, it's critical to know what product is on-hand and where it is located in the warehouse. Inventory Checkers make sure warehouse records list accurate quantities of products so that products can flow efficiently from the warehouse to the stores.
Inventory Checkers count, verify, and record product quantities received and held within Publix warehouses. They use mobile computers to accurately count the inventory on hand, and on occasion, use motorized equipment to navigate the maze of products in the warehouse. Inventory Checkers help to maintain a clear picture of exactly how many products the warehouses have or need to support Publix stores.
Qualifications we look for
- Able to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- Able to obtain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations (on or before his or her start date in the position)
- Able to lift up to 60 pounds
- Able to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Able to read, write, and solve math problems
- Able to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Distribution within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).