In-House Maintenance Mechanic
Publix warehouses, such as the dry grocery, frozen foods or produce warehouses, have an intricate system of electrical wiring, plumbing and industrial equipment. These warehouses require maintenance to keep them operating efficiently and safely. In-House Maintenance Mechanics perform preventive maintenance and repairs on a variety of industrial equipment within Publix's warehouses.
The In-House Maintenance Mechanics are familiar with the repair of plumbing and industrial equipment, as well as three phase AC/DC power circuits which are used to power the warehouses. The Mechanics read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and technical manuals. They use this information to repair and adjust machines or devices, install new equipment, and perform carpentry, welding and cutting. Furthermore, they use a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to generate and process the maintenance repairs performed.
Qualifications we look for
The required qualifications differ somewhat depending on the specific equipment in each facility. They also differ depending on the level of responsibility for a particular position. In general, however, most of our In-House Maintenance Mechanics must have:
- a strong understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical theory, including three phase power, A.C. and D.C. power circuits, motor controls and programmable logic controllers
- experience in building/industrial maintenance or a related trade
- knowledge of warehouse plumbing, ARC, MIG, and GAS welding and cutting
- ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and technical manuals
- carpentry skills
- capability of generating and processing work on a computerized maintenance-management system
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Distribution within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).