Ice Cream Freezer Operator
Wouldn't you love a job that makes you a team member responsible for producing one of the most popular products we make? If so, you might want to consider our Ice Cream Freezer Operator position for your next career move!
Our Ice Cream Freezer Operators make sure the sauces and ingredients in Publix ice cream have just the right appearance and distribution in the carton. The Operators check the consistency and taste of the ice cream every 15 minutes of the production run to ensure the ice cream is just right. Freezer Operators work together to monitor the production line for any problems and keep the work area clean and sanitized. Furthermore, the Operators perform preventive maintenance on the equipment to keep it working properly.
Qualifications we look for
- Experience in an ice cream production operation
- Thorough knowledge of the Hazardous Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) program
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with touch screen control systems
- Ability to demonstrate excellent work habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work any shift, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours
- Ability to obtain a forklift license and operate a forklift
- Ability to work with industrial strength chemicals
- Must demonstrate safe working habits
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Possess basic math skills
- Ability to work in a wet, slippery environment
- Possess general knowledge of machine operation
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
How To Apply
For Manufacturing positions, other than entry level, please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Manufacturing within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
For entry level Manufacturing positions, please refer to the employment agency, Adecco. Go to http://www.adeccousa.com/Pages/Welcome.aspx
and click "Apply Now" in the top right hand corner to load your resume. You may indicate that you would prefer to be assigned to Industrial and Manufacturing type positions with Publix Super Markets, Inc. After working at least 90 days as a temporary associate you may be eligible to apply for a full time position, if available.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).