Contributing to Publix's success as a top employer, our Group Benefits Team Lead helps Publix with crucial day-to-day responsibilities involved in providing group benefits to more than 150,000 associates and ensuring plan and regulatory requirements are met.
The Benefits Department oversees a wide range of programs for eligible Publix associates. The Group Benefits Team Lead provides leadership and training to Group Benefits department associates who administer these benefits. On a typical day, the Group Benefits Team Lead retrieves and processes weekly and monthly reports, and coordinates the research and responses provided to requests from Publix associates and benefits administrators, like Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Another aspect of the Group Benefit Team Lead's job is to assist the Group Benefits team in answering questions, fielding phone calls, processing paperwork and addressing escalated issues. Furthermore, the Team Lead is involved with tracking the team's productivity and workload.
As an assistant to both the Supervisor of Group Benefits and the Manager of Group Benefits, the Team Lead assists with Publix's annual open enrollment period and other special projects.
Qualifications we look for
- High School diploma
- Experience working with the administration of group benefit plans
- Ability to develop advanced reports, documents and graphs in Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge and understanding of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Department of Labor (DOL), Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient skills using Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) tools such as SAP, Caremark pharmacy system, and Blue Cross Blue Shield computer system
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Ability to develop advanced queries, reports and forms in Microsoft Access and AdHoc queries in SAP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong organizational, planning, and time-management skills
- Ability to be flexible and to multi-task under pressure, while maintaining composure
- Willingness to work extended hours and flexible hours based on the needs of the department, including working weekends
- Ability to work well with others, value and appreciate differences, and be a strong team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Benefits Administration within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).