Group Benefits Supervisor
Overseeing the benefit plans for a company the size of Publix can be a daunting task. Our Group Benefits Supervisor works to guide and train Group Benefits Department associates for smooth administration of our plans, which include Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability.
The Group Benefits Supervisor develops and oversees key business processes, tracks key performance indicators, establishes productivity benchmarks and observes trends within the Group Benefits administration process. This Supervisor makes sure the department's workload and procedures comply with federal laws and regulations. Furthermore, the Group Benefits Supervisor reviews and coordinates Group Benefit Plans communications. These communications include updates to benefit plans information posted in Publix's Communication Centers, Open Enrollment Guides, and other corporate communications to Publix associates. When needed, the Group Benefits Supervisor leads and/or participates on improvement initiatives for the benefits department. Additional responsibilities include coaching and training the Group Benefits Customer Service Supervisor, Group Benefits Customer Service Clerks and Mail Clerks and coordinating processes for Publix's annual open enrollment period.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Management-level experience working with health and welfare benefit plans
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification
- Group Benefits Associate (GBA) certification
- Knowledge of the benefits offered to eligible associates and the administration of Group Benefits Plans
- Knowledge of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Department of Labor (DOL) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Visio), SAP and DB2/QMF
- General knowledge of company policies, employment practices and procedures, and department policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of Information Technology, Human Resource, Risk Management and Payroll processes affecting benefits administration
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement (CQI) methodology to lead and/or participate on improvement projects and initiatives
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and time-management skills
- Ability to work well with others and to be an effective team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Benefits Administration within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).