Group Benefits Customer Service Clerk
Understanding the ins and outs of complex benefit plans can be tricky. To help Publix associates obtain the greatest value from our plans, Group Benefits Customer Service Clerks field calls from associates to answer their questions.
Publix associates often have questions about their benefits. The Group Benefits Customer Service Clerks respond to these phone inquiries concerning eligibility, permitted election changes, and the Company's health benefits, life insurance and long term disability plans. The Clerks also process and file all associate health plan applications. Without the Group Benefits Customer Service Clerks, Publix would not be able to offer its associates excellent customer service regarding group benefits.
Qualifications we look for
- Knowledge of the administration of employee benefit plans at other large employers
- General accounting skills
- Bilingual skills, particularly English and Spanish
- Knowledge of database and word processing
- Detail-oriented with good analytical skills
- Accurate typing and 10-key calculator skills
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to handle a high volume of work accurately and meet deadlines
- Ability to well work with others and to be an effective team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, pride in work
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Benefits Administration within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).