Our Grease Person associates make sure that fittings, gearboxes, chains, sprockets, and numerous other components are well lubricated and working properly to be ready for operation.
The associates who work in the role of the Grease Person perform lubrication duties throughout Publix's manufacturing facilities and warehouses. They make repairs to equipment while performing the lubrication such as replacing grease fittings that are missing or bad, replacing or installing vent plugs on gearboxes, or aligning chains and sprockets.
Qualifications we look for
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to demonstrate excellent work habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Ability to demonstrate safe working habits
- Ability to climb tank ladders, regular ladders, and stairs with items to do the job once at their destination
- Ability to obtain license and operate a forklift
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a clean workstation
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Ability to work any shift (nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours)
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work well with others and be a team player
- Ability to make observation sheet to record equipment inspections · Ability to frequently lift in excess of 50 pounds
- Obvious enthusiasm initiative and pride in work
How To Apply
For Industrial Maintenance positions, please go to publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO"
to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Industrial Maintenance, Manufacturing,
or Distribution within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience
seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly
for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504)
or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).