Our Garnishment Analysts properly maintain all court order requests, including garnishment orders, to ensure that payments are deducted both timely and accurately.
When Publix associates' wages are garnished due to situations such as non-payment of state taxes, student loans, child support, or a third-party creditor, the Garnishment Analyst ensures Publix is in compliance with all federal and state guidelines. The Analysts provide garnishee responses on behalf of Publix, including detailed wage and tax information for specific time periods. Furthermore, they ensure that associates' pay results and garnishment records are accurately maintained. The Analysts also serve as a point of contact for Publix associates regarding garnishment cases and payment schedules. At times, the Garnishment Analysts are required to speak to outside counsel to review court orders and deductions.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in an analytical field or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a legal analytical field or garnishment department for a large corporation
- Computer skills including SAP and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of state government regulations regarding wage garnishments
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws governing jurisdictional areas impacting Publix (Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina)
- Knowledge of payroll and accounting principles
- Ability to multi-task daily, analyze and prioritize multiple items with imminent deadlines
- Ability to work in a highly stressful environment
- Experience working with rigid deadlines while maintaining continual changes
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents accurately
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Finance within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).