There's rarely a dull moment in Publix's warehouses with all of the roving lift trucks performing shipping and receiving duties and the sounds of their precautionary "beep-beeps" when rounding corners. Frontline Supervisors maintain order and balance to this flurry of daily activity.
Frontline Supervisors plan and oversee the day-to-day operation of Publix's warehouses. It's their responsibility to analyze daily orders from the stores to determine work priorities and staffing that will be required to complete the day's work. The Supervisors also conduct long-term planning, including increases in staff for busy times of the year, when the warehouses move the greatest number of products.
In the event of a hurricane or any other event that spurs higher demand for store products, the Frontline Supervisors adjust work schedules to satisfy the needs of our customers. When personnel conflicts arise, these Supervisors identify and resolve issues to maintain camaraderie, teamwork and productivity for the warehouse team. Furthermore, Supervisors maintain communication with associates by facilitating meetings and by providing evaluations, mentorship and coaching. Frontline Supervisors also communicate with other departments and with Publix stores to maintain efficiency and ensure satisfaction with the overall warehouse operation.
Qualifications we look for
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to work the required schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and extended periods of time
- Experience in/or knowledge of distribution operations
- Able to examine and interpret information from different sources to develop a course of action
- Supervisory experience in a distribution or equivalent environment
- Able to effectively convey information to coworkers, supervisors, associates, or customers
- Good computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Able to be a positive role model
- Willing to accept changes in the work environment
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Distribution within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).