Featured Position Cake Decorator
We currently have openings for Cake Decorators in these locations:
- Publix at Holly Hill, 1850 Ridgewood Ave., Holly Hill, 32117
- The Shoppes at Beville Rd., 1500 Beville Rd., Daytona Beach, 32114
We have more than 2,300 Cake Decorators in our stores across Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina and Tennessee. They are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest product quality possible. Without our Cake Decorators, our stores wouldn't be the caliber of supermarket our customers have come to expect. This means decorating bakery products for sale according to company policy and customer preferences.
The pay range for Cake Decorators is generally $8.00 an hour to $14.00 an hour.
For a list of the eight main reasons Publix is a great place to work: Why Publix. For a full list of benefits offered to Publix associates: Benefits.
- Starting pay rates depend on a Cake Decorator's knowledge and previous experience. Future pay increases are based on performance.
- Eligible Cake Decorators also earn quarterly bonuses based on their store's performance. Eligibility is based on hours worked.
- In addition, they earn a year-end bonus paid in December in appreciation for their work during the year. For full-time Cake Decorators, the bonus in the first year and second year is usually equal to one week's pay if the associate remains employed through Dec. 31. In subsequent years, the bonus is usually equal to two weeks' pay. For part-time Cake Decorators, the bonus is equal to four hours of pay when an associate joins Publix prior to July 1. There is no bonus in the first year for associates hired after July 1. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to eight hours' pay if the associate remains employed through Dec. 31.
A Cake Decorator's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service
- Icing, decorating, packaging, labeling, and pricing products for island refrigerated cases
- Icing, decorating, tray, and maintaining ZR freezer and refrigerated showcase
- Filling customer special orders, including wedding cakes
- Operating the Bakery department mixer
- Following Publix's guidelines for Cake Decorators
- Maintaining Publix's high standards for product freshness and sanitation
- Organizing and rotating stock in the Decorator's freezer
- Training other associates as needed
- Assisting with the delivery and set up of wedding cakes as needed
- Assisting in other duties as assigned
The required qualifications are as follows:
- 18 years of age or older
- previous cake-decorating experience
- able and willing to read, write and perform simple math problems
- able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able and willing to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- able and willing to work well with others as a team member
We prefer to hire individuals who have a passion for people, in other words those who greatly enjoy serving others. Previous experience at Publix is also a plus.