Facility Security Supervisor
Facility Security Supervisors manage a 'round the clock security operation with the assistance of a team of Security Supervisors and Security Officers.
Facility Security Supervisors manage the security function in all of Publix's corporate offices, distribution centers and manufacturing plants. They oversee security operations and protect the assets in Publix’s support facilities. Because they are supervisors, another function of their job is to oversee the hiring, training and shift scheduling of the security team. They also perform preliminary non-retail facility investigations and assist with Organized Retail Crime investigations as needed.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice or a related field
- Experience in security, particularly supervisory experience
- Class D Security License
- Certified Protection Officer (CPO) License
- Knowledge of employment policies (i.e. EEOC, FMLA, Worker's Compensation, ADA, First Aid, HAZMAT)
- Knowledge of investigative techniques
- Knowledge of security management and operations
- Knowledge of physical security standards and concepts
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and write clearly and concisely
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an excellent driving record
- Willingness to travel overnight
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use a two-way radio
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Loss Prevention/Safety within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).