Publix Electricians maintain safe, functional electrical wiring and electronic components for our manufacturing and warehouse facilities.
Our Electricians perform electrical wiring for our manufacturing plants and warehouse facilities, as well as the food production machinery and distribution-related equipment within those facilities. They install new electrical components and also work to maintain or repair industrial electrical and electronic components. The Electricians work according to company policy, the National Electric Code, and federal, state, and local building codes. They also use repair manuals, factory specifications, blueprints, schematics, and his or her own knowledge of industrial electrical and electronic components. Furthermore, the Electricians use a wide range of tools and instruments. Those tools include conduit benders, wire tracers, voltage indicators, and cable cutters, just to name a few.
Qualifications we look for
- Work experience as an electrician
- Journeyman's license
- State licensed to pull permits for new electrical installations
- Extensive knowledge of A.C. and D.C. circuits and related components
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code
- Knowledge of electrical schematic and wiring diagram interpretation of motors and motor controls, energy management systems, fire protection system circuits, lighting and lighting controls
- Ability to use all electrical testing and measuring instruments
- Ability to generate and process work on a computerized maintenance-management system (CMMS)
- Ability to supply and maintain hand tools to accomplish daily duties
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals
- Ability to read, write, and solve math problems
- Ability to interpret, understand, follow and communicate instructions
- Ability to work well with others and be a strong team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
How To Apply
For Industrial Maintenance positions, please go to publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO"
to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Industrial Maintenance, Manufacturing,
or Distribution within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience
seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly
for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504)
or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).