Last year, our Cooks served up approximately 2 million nutritious and tasty meals for associates across Publix's 14 support facility cafeterias.
The Cooks prepare ingredients and cook a wide variety of entrees. They make sure that cooking and serving methods meet Publix's standards for safety and quality. Furthermore, the Cooks serve these meals taking care that the food is fresh and hot (or cold), per the items being served.
Qualifications we look for
- At least 18 years old
- Experience cooking in an environment where a variety of entrées and methods are used (for example, a restaurant, Publix cafeteria, or culinary school)
- ServSafe Certification or equivalent certification (within 6 months of his or her start date in the position)
- Knowledge of cooking principles
- Able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Distribution within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).