Compressor Rebuild Technician
Our Compressor Rebuild Technicians maintain the compressor components associated with Publix ammonia refrigeration systems at the Lakeland Bakery, Dairy, and Deli facilities.
The types of compressor maintenance the Compressor Rebuild Technicians perform includes:
- compressor teardown,
- transporting parts to the rebuild area,
- disassembling and evaluating the internal parts,
- cleaning and sorting the parts,
- replacing faulty components, and
- reassembling parts into the compressor block.
Compressor Rebuild Technicians also perform basic maintenance on compressors, such as oil and filter changes, and servicing the seals, water jacket hoses, and drive coupling alignment. Furthermore, the Compressor Rebuild Technicians monitor run times, maintenance schedules, oil pressures, operating temperatures, vibrations and any abnormalities with compressor equipment. When large, complex projects occur, the Compressor Rebuild Technicians assist Operators to complete functions such as pump downs, tie-ins, and equipment replacements. Additionally, the Compressor Rebuild Technicians perform general housekeeping duties such as cleaning and washing equipment, emptying trash, sweeping and mopping all work areas as needed daily.
Qualifications we look for
- At least 20 years of age
- Experience with rebuilding ammonia compressors (including disassembly, evaluation and reassembly)
- Experience in mechanical and electrical systems
- Experience using hand tools
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent driving record
- Ability to conform to all OSHA, PSM, HAZMAT, and Publix safety programs and regulations
- Ability to wear a respirator
- Ability to work with solvents, detergents, hot water, paint and various aerosols
- Ability to work any shift (nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours)
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work well with others and be a team player
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds frequently
- Obvious enthusiasm initiative and pride in work
How To Apply
For Industrial Maintenance positions, please go to publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO"
to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Industrial Maintenance, Manufacturing,
or Distribution within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience
seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly
for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504)
or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).